Glenmachan Church of God has a long history here in East Belfast. Established in the 1940's at Devon Parade, Sydenham, the 150-member congregation outgrew the facilities and moved to larger premises at Gelston's Corner in the Strandtown area.
The Strandtown Church of God underwent four building programs under the leadership of Pastor James Connolly and his assistants Pastor Eric McCullough and David Spence from the early 1960's to the early 1980's until the church site became too small to cope with the ever expanding youth work.
In 1985, the current nine acre site at Glenmachan, on the foot of the Holywood Hills, was acquired along with a listed building of Victorian architecture, which was later converted and extended into a modern Private nursing home.
Our initial Church Sanctuary and Youth Halls once again felt the strain of growth, and at Easter 2008 a new 800 seat sanctuary was officially opened.
Our church is a family focused congregation. With several hundred children passing through our various youth departments each week we have truly been blessed by the Lord.
Central to every service is the praise and worship of God, and the preaching of God's inerrant Word. The worship is led by the musicians, praise teams, and The Glenmachan Sanctuary Choir.
The youth of today is the church of tomorrow, and we are thankful for the many dedicated workers who labour for the Lord with our children.
We give thanks to God for being blessed with the annointed vision of Pastor James Connolly and his faithful and beloved assistant Pastor Eric McCullough through whom the Lord has brought us to this place. We remember them both with fondness.
For more history on the Church of God founders, please click here.